Discovering that a relative is LGBTIQ can be difficult for families, who often feel alone.
SDA Kinship’s family community is diverse and includes experienced and supportive family members: parents, pastors, church administrators, and other professionals, all having a common bond—an LQBTIQ+ family member.
Discovering a relative is LGBTIQ+ can be emotional, difficult, and complex. While walking, or having walked this path before, members of SDA Kinship’s family community have used their experience and knowledge to develop strong, safe paths of communication between themselves and their LGBTIQ+ family members, even when disagreements linger.
They are available and happy to share their stories and experiences.
If someone in your family is LQBTIQ+ and you are currently struggling with how to best love your LQBTIQ+ family member and reconcile that with your Seventh-day Adventist or Christian beliefs, or if you have already made progress on that journey, SDA Kinship’s Family Community welcomes you and wants to support you on your journey.
Join Kinship as a Family Member or Friend/Straight Ally here! Contact: Family & Friends Coordinators
Join our Monthly Zoom Roundtable Discussions
As the Family and Friends Coordinators, we'd like to get to know our members and would love to have the members get to know us. Come connect with us, other families and some LGBTQ members. We meet the 3rd Sunday of each month at
9:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM EDT .
RSVP: Family & Friends Coordinators
- > A LA FAMILIA — (website)
- > BLUE BABIES PINK — (podcast/resources)
- > GUIDING FAMILIES OF LGBT+ LOVED ONES: ADVENTIST EDITION — (website)
- > OPEN DIALOGUE RESOURCES — (website)
- > PFLAG — (website)
- > RELATIONAL GUIDE FOR PARENTS OF NEWLY OUT LGBTQ+ PEOPLE — (website)
- > SOMEONE TO TALK TO by Carrol Grady
- > STRONG FAMILY ALLIANCE — (website)
- COMING OUT - FAMILY PROCESS from John & Carolyn Wilt
- CONNECT - SHARE - SUPPORT from John & Carolyn Wilt
- CONNECTING :) from John & Carolyn Wilt
- FAMILY & FRIENDS MONTHLY ROUNDTABLE ZOOM DISCUSSION from John & Carolyn Wilt
- FEELINGS & EMOTIONS from John & Carolyn Wilt
- FLEXIBLE LEARNING from John & Carolyn Wilt
- GREETINGS FROM DISCOVERY BAY... from John & Carolyn Wilt
- KINSHIP FAMILY & FRIENDS DESIRES from John & Carolyn Wilt
- LET'S BE TENACIOUS! from John & Carolyn Wilt
- ON IDENTITY (PDF)
- ONLY IF WE UNDERSTAND... from John & Carolyn Wilt
- VARIATIONS CAUSE BENDING !! — from John & Carolyn Wilt
- ZOOM CONNECTIONS from John & Carolyn Wilt